Monday, March 16, 2009

My Story

I began blogging to share my frustration with the health care system here in our country. My first post on my other blog, Angellviews, was about a health nightmare I experienced. While never life threatening, it was none the less a major ordeal and something that I believe was entirely preventable, perhaps without the need for prescription drugs, definitely never to the degree I was prescribed. Since no health care provider could determine my situation, I decided to give it a name, Mad Dog Itch. To read more about my dilemma and the simplicity of the "cure", please pay a visit here.

So began my need to express myself; hence the blogs, as well as embarking on a career in the Wellness Industry. I've learned much this past year or so, and have even more knowledge to gain. That part will never end, the need for education and knowledge. There is so much we are told in this country that pertains to our health that is either half truths or far too often just outright lies. What concerns me is the shear number of people who are living with blinders on. I surely was. These same people often are heavily medicated with prescription drugs, frequently drugs they don't need or the wrong drugs prescribed in error. The reasons behind this are many, but one common thread prevails, greed. Greed usually at the hand of pharmaceutical and insurance companies, but they wouldn't be there without the helping hand of the FDA.

The FDA was founded to protect you and I, to determine what was safe for us to take as far as prescription drugs, over the counter drugs, as well as the food we eat every day. They were to be our big brother, our check and balance system. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. They have become fat, incompetent and yes, even corrupt. It is time, actually past time, for the FDA to reform.

Please click on this link to educate yourself about the state of the FDA, your life seriously could depend on it. Sign the petition that will put this necessary action into motion. Health care reform needs to happen in many different ways.

This is one where you can easily do your part.

No comments: