Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Stretching For Ideal Health

New year, new methods to explore in regards to getting in shape. First, let me say I've never been a fan of "going to work out". I've got nothing against the gym or health clubs for others, my husband goes religiously, and loves it. For myself, however, give me the great outdoors or if the weather says otherwise, the privacy of my own home.

I also prefer something easy. Not easy as far as physical exertion, but easy meaning not a lot of equipment or gadgets to mess with. I prefer to stretch, do some yoga and then exert myself either in an outdoor activity or workout.

I recently discovered a method of working out primarily using stretching to leverage maximum results in your work out. This coincides with my belief that everything feels better after stretching. The first thing I do in the morning is stretch and begin my day better because of it.

In this DVD by Naturecast Products stretching is the basis of the workout.  It teaches you how to maximize your work outs using stretching as opposed weight resistance, but at the same time building strength, muscular definition as well as range of motion and flexibility.  Another advantage that appeals to me is the relaxation and  peace of mind that results from stretching.

The program is written by and taught a personal trainer, I thought it would be kind of nice to have a personal trainer in my home from time to time, without paying those fees, of course!

I signed up for the free newsletter from Naturecast Products and look forward to reading more about improving my health.

No comments: