Monday, February 2, 2009

Drink Your Veggies

Super food supplements and drinks have become a comprehensive way of getting much, if not all, of what we miss in our diets due to poor eating habits. Many people are either too busy and too entrenched in their life-on-the-go-fast-food-no-time-to-cook diets. Some folks just plain don't like their veggies and consequently miss getting the nutrients only found in whole, natural foods.

Sometimes if you are like me, you try to eat all the right things and do a pretty good job most of the time. I am always pushing myself to eat healthier, but a little help now and then would sure give me a boost. Which brings me to a super food I've been drinking, Berry Greens Boost. I mix one little scoop in a glass of water and drink the nutritional equivalency of eating eight salads. That is a lot of veggies in just a few gulps. A huge benefit is that it does not have the caffeine, stimulants or massive amounts of sugar that many of these drinks have. The ingredients are all natural, nothing artificial at all. The energy boost, however, after drinking my veggies is amazing. Just good pure energy without the jumpy stomach and shaky hands.

I did have an adjustment period while I got used to the taste. It has a berry taste, but you can taste the green stuff as well. I combine it (which is the only way my kids will drink it), with banana's, fresh pineapple, kiwi and orange juice. Now we get our fruit and veggies all in one delicious drink. I also add it to my daily drink of apple cider vinegar and for some odd reason the two flavors compliment each other. What I can't do is drink this after 6:00 PM or else I find I have a little trouble sleeping as soundly as I usually do.

If you are looking to enhance your nutritional intake each day, whether you already eat enough of the good stuff or if you need to improve your nutritional intake, this is definitely an effective way towards achieving Ideal Health.

No comments: