Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Apple Cider Vinger, Natures Miracle?

Even though I'm in the business of selling wellness products, I love a good old fashioned home remedy and am constantly searching for "new" old school practices before taking myself or family to the doctor or taking a drug whether it's prescription or over the counter. I have come to believe that a pillar of Ideal Health is to maintain an alkaline PH. Scientists believe an acidic body leads to many illnesses and disease. That is why I take Coral Calcium every day, and try to eat more alkaline than acidic foods. This prompted me to write the post "The Oldest Woman In The World" and share some of what I have learned.


Well I have to share another great way towards achieving an alkaline body as well as a plethora of other health benefits. Apple Cider Vinegar can help you on your way to a much healthier body. I was skeptical at first as I had previously believed that vinegar was very acidic, however Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has the opposite effect. A teaspoon one to three time per day can also help in the following ways:


Acid Reflux, Acne, Athletes Foot, Blood Pressure, Night Sweats/Hot Flashes, Water Retention, Hiccups, Weight Loss, Wart Removal, Ear Infections, just to list a few.


I can tell you in my household, in the couple of months or so we have been using it, it has stopped acid reflux in it's tracks, hiccups countless times, improved digestion, and cured a nasty case of swimmers ear. I'll have to get back to you on the weight loss. Studies indicate that Apple Cider Vinegar can assist in losing weight gradually. An example of what the studies revealed was an average height woman weighing 210 lbs, taking 2Tsp before each meal over a two year period lost 30lbs while changing little in her diet and exercise routine. While it's not clear how ACV helps us lose weight, it is believed that a combination of increased metabolism, reduced water retention and appetite suppression is what contributes to shedding stubborn pounds.


Don't think you can stand the taste? No problem, that strong, bitter taste can be mellowed by mixing with water, or mix it with 1 Tsp honey and a little water. Before you know it, it actually becomes quite tasty, although my kids don't share my opinion on that! It is necessary to use an organic ACV that has not been pasteurized, filtered, refined or distilled. Once processed, the vinegar looks pretty, but all the good stuff has been removed. Organic ACV can be purchased at a health food or vitamin store. This cost is very reasonable, especially when factoring in the health benefits. I spend just over $5 for for a quart which lasts my family of five about four weeks.


In my quest to achieve Ideal Health, in addition to adding Coral Calcium to my drinking water each day, taking the correct vitamins and supplements, making an effort to eat more alkaline foods, I also drink my yummy cocktail of ACV and honey. To read more about this amazing home remedy go to:
apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com

No comments: